Images available for purchase, click here





Saturday 8 June 2013

At any moment the fully present mind can shatter time and burst into the now.


This morning I got up early with my husband and cooked him bacon and eggs for breakfast (the least I could do given he was working at 6:30am on a Saturday).  I kissed him goodbye at 5:30 and set about cleaning up in the kitchen.  I was in my own little world, totally absorbed in washing the dishes, and oblivious to the world waking up just outside the kitchen window. Then, all of a sudden I looked up and noticed the forest was aglow in shades of pink and peach, and echoing to the sounds of one of my favourite birds (the Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo).
My very wise mother in law (an accomplished philosopher) talks a lot about being in the present moment and the concept of “right time”.  This was a perfect demonstration of these truths.  There was no decision to be made.  The only thing to do in this moment was to drop everything NOW! and go outside to enjoy the glorious sunrise.  And what a treat! (see video below or click the link to view on Youtube)
 

It’s in moments like these that any troubles, fears or concerns melt away and you’re left with pure enjoyment, happiness and love.  What a gift!
The dishes will eventually get done, but right now my dog is telling me it’s time for her breakfast.  If you’re looking for a good role model to learn how to live in the present moment, you can’t get any better than your dog, or any animal for that matter.
Wishing you a remarkable weekend J
Photo Bicheno Blowhole Tasmania © Renee Chamberlin 2013.

Images are available as prints, canvases, cards and calendars.

For purchase enquiries click here 

Comments & feedback are most welcome, select "Anonymous" or "Name/URL"
if you don't want to log into a google account when posting.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment