Images available for purchase, click here





Friday 1 August 2014

The sun shines unconditionally on all of us.



There’s something special about the feeling of sunshine on your skin.

How it warms you right to your core when you’re feeling cold and energises you just when you need a pick me up. How it can lift your mood from glum to contented. I can easily recall so many times when the sun’s rays have given me a boost right when I needed it.

Like the time when I was cleaning pathways at Lone Pine early on a cold, dull Winter’s morning. It was a boring, unpleasant chore and my brain was only making things worse by contributing thoughts such as “I’m freezing!”, “bed would be so nice and cosy right now”, “it’s too early to be outside on a Sunday”, and “I really dislike this job”. Then I looked up and saw the first rays of sun shining through the mist and lighting up the trees. It was so beautiful that everything changed in an instant. My heart spoke: “you don’t get to see this from underneath a doona”, “I love my job!” My brain fell silent.

Once in my teens, when I was feeling rotten with a particularly bad virus, my wonderful parents took me to a resort at the coast for the weekend. They plonked me in a sun-drenched banana lounge by the pool to recoup. It was the best medicine in the world!

Of course, this blog post is a very literal take on some insightful words, you can draw numerous metaphors from them also. The awesome thing is that the sun doesn’t shine for some people and not for others. Even when it the skies are overcast and dreary, you just know that the sun’s rays are still there, waiting to reach you as soon as the clouds dissipate. And if you’re really lucky, they might just make a rainbow while they’re at it!

Happy Friday J have a fabulous weekend.

This post is inspired by Dr Pee Tek Chan whose wisdom has helped me in so many ways and whose words are quoted on the image  http://www.peetekchan.com/Home.html

Photo Bay of Fires, Tasmania. © Renee Chamberlin all rights reserved.
Image available as prints, canvases, cards and more. To purchase click here

 I would love to hear your comments& feedback: select "Anonymous" or "Name/URL" if you don't have a google account.

No comments:

Post a Comment